Release 14.0 (2014-10-31)¶
Ldaptor has a new version schema. As a first-party library we now follow Twisted’s example.
- Ldaptor’s original author Tommi Virtanen changed the license to the MIT (Expat) license.
- ldaptor.md4 has been replaced by a 3-clause BSD version.
- Ldaptor client and server: None
- Everything having to do with webui and Nevow have been removed.
- Travis CI is now used for continuous integration.
- Test coverage is now measured. We’re currently at around 75%.
- tox is used now to test ldaptor on all combinations of pypy, Python 2.6, Python 2.7 and Twisted versions from 10.0 until 14.0.
- A few ordering bugs that were exposed by that and are fixed now.
- ldaptor.protocols.pureldap.LDAPExtendedRequest now has additional tests.
- The new ldaptor.protocols.pureldap.LDAPAbandonRequest adds support for abandoning requests.
- ldaptor.protocols.pureldap.LDAPBindRequest has basic SASL support now. Higher-level APIs like ldapclient don’t expose it yet though.
- ldaptor.protocols.ldap.ldapclient’s now uses log.msg for it’s debug listing instead of the non-Twisted log.debug.
- String literal exceptions have been replaced by real Exceptions.
- “bin/ldaptor-ldap2passwd –help” now does not throws an exception anymore (debian bug #526522).
- ldaptor.delta.Modification and ldaptor.protocols.ldap.ldapsyntax.PasswordSetAggregateError that are used for adding contacts now handle unicode arguments properly.
- ldaptor.protocols.pureldap.LDAPExtendedRequest’s constructor now handles STARTTLS in accordance to RFC2251 so the constructor of ldaptor.protocols.pureldap.LDAPStartTLSRequest doesn’t fail anymore.
- ldaptor.protocols.ldap.ldapserver.BaseLDAPServer now uses the correct exception module in dataReceived.
- ldaptor.protocols.ldap.ldaperrors.LDAPException: “Fix deprecated exception error”
- bin/ldaptor-find-server now imports dns from the correct twisted modules.
- bin/ldaptor-find-server now only prints SRV records.
- ldaptor.protocols.ldap.ldapsyntax.LDAPEntryWithClient now correctly propagates errors on search(). The test suite has been adapted appropriately.
- ldaptor.protocols.ldap.ldapconnector.LDAPConnector now supports specifying a local address when connecting to a server.
- The new ldaptor.protocols.pureldap.LDAPSearchResultReference now prevents ldaptor from choking on results containing SearchResultReference (usually from Active Directory servers). It is currently only a stub and silently ignored.
- hashlib and built-in set() are now used instead of deprecated modules.
All versions up to and including 0.0.43 didn’t have a changelog.